Both fiber optic models, the FRITZ!Box 5550 and 5530, will be offered via network operators and retail outlets in 2020. When it comes to home networking, AVM uses Wi-Fi 6 (Wireless AX) and a LAN port with 2.5 Gbit/s to seamlessly pass on the high speeds at the connection to all devices. The new Wi-Fi 6 standard guarantees maximum wireless throughput and coverage, even when there are a large number of devices in use at the same time. Data rates of up to 2400 Mbit/s are possible in the 5-GHz band, and up to 600 Mbit/s can be reached in the 2.4-GHz band. The FRITZ!Box 6660 Cable is the Mesh Master in the home network, ensuring optimum communication in the wireless network, telephony and Smart Home. In addition, the ultra-fast 2.5 Gbit/s LAN port and four gigabit LAN ports make for a supercharged home network. Both the new Wi-Fi 6 wireless standard and the multiple gigabit LAN ports are backward compatible, allowing users to continue to use their existing devices and cables and integrate new devices into the fast home network in the future. A DECT base station is integrated for the Smart Home and for connecting cordless telephones. Analog telephones or fax machines can also be deployed on the new FRITZ!Box. Thanks to the media server and NAS, the FRITZ!Box 6660 Cable is the perfect multimedia hub. Pictures, music and videos are available throughout the entire network, available to users on every device.
FRITZ!Box 6660 Cable
- 2 x 2 OFDM DOCSIS 3.1 channel bonding
- 32 x 8 DOCSIS 3.0 channel bonding
- 2 x 2 Wi-Fi 6 (Wireless AX) with up to 3 Gbit/s; 2.4 GHz: 600 Mbit/s (QAM1024) and 5 GHz: 2400 Mbit/s (HE160)
- One 2.5 gigabit LAN port (IEEE 802.3bz standard, NBASE-T)
- Four gigabit LAN ports
- One USB 2.0 port
- DECT base station for up to 6 telephones and Smart Home applications
- One port for an analog telephone or fax machine
- FRITZ!OS with Mesh, parental controls, media server, FRITZ!NAS, wireless guest access, MyFRITZ! etc.
- Available at end of 2019; price at market launch
Åland Islands, Albania, Andorra, Austria, Belarus, Belgium, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Bulgaria, Croatia, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Faroe Islands, Finland, France, Georgia, Germany, Gibraltar, Greece, Guernsey, Holy See (Vatican City State), Hungary, Iceland, Ireland, Isle of Man, Italy, Jersey, Kosovo, Latvia, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Moldova, Republic of, Monaco, Montenegro, Netherlands, North Macedonia, Republic of, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Russian Federation, San Marino, Serbia, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Svalbard & Jan Mayen, Sweden, Switzerland, Turkey, Ukraine, United Kingdom
Product groups & Business areas
- Smart Home / Home Networks / Robotics